Thursday, May 29, 2008

i got a bit of inspiration tonight. it was the shot of nyquil i think and a picture of a smoking boy i used to hang out with. i started trying to draw this boy and i realized that a year ago when i was at the art center i would have done an awesome job. i suck.
i need to get back into my art. at least a little bit.
i got my nails shaved down so i could start playing guitar again BY THE WAY
i remember when i was a little girl and my grandma would have something new for me to do every day of the summer that would encourage my creative juices to keep a'flowin. i remember learning how to sew and making my own clay tea sets. i think the clay was my favorite. i remember getting older and teaching the younger kids in the neighborhood every day of the summer a new craft.
i was never told not to play with my food and drawing/painting on my bedroom walls was never discouraged either.
i wish i were more awesome.
i want pottery back in my world and finger paint. i want to tie-dye in my back yard and make a million collages of baby whales and state maps. who needs a state map.
i wanna play.

No comments: