Sunday, April 27, 2008

i was thinking about marriage and after everything i went through as a kid i probably shouldnt even believe in marriage...and about how with my commitment issues i shouldnt even begin asking people to consider marrying me! but im crazy about it. im crazy about love and relationships and all the silly everythings about it all.
i was thinking about a conversation with julia about how as humans we just "love" to go through the pains of "love". why are we able to do these things to ourselves? i dont know i dont know but i was in the mood for "annie hall" tonight which has always been a favorite and woody has a great quote at the end which i have stolen from sparknotes.com to get it exact:

“I thought of that old joke. This guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, ‘Doc, my brother’s crazy. He thinks he’s a chicken.’ And the doctor says, ‘Well, why don’t you turn him in?’ And the guy says, ‘I would, but I need the eggs.’ Well, I guess that’s pretty much now how I feel about relationships. They’re totally irrational and crazy and absurd and . . . but I guess we keep going through it because most of us need the eggs.”

and thaaaat is that!!

No comments: